Inconel 601 is a nickel-chromium alloy used for applications that require resistance to corrosion and heat. This nickel alloy stands out due to its resistance to high temperature oxidation, remaining highly resistant to oxidation through 2200° F. Alloy 601 develops a tightly adherent oxide scale which resists spalling even under conditions of severe thermal cycling. This nickel alloy has good high temperature strength, and retains its ductility after long service exposure. It has good resistance to aqueous corrosion, high mechanical strength, and is readily formed, machined and welded. Inconel 601’s properties make it a material of broad utility in fields like thermal processing, chemical processing, pollution control, aerospace, and power generation. However, alloy 601 is not suggested for use in strongly reducing, sulfur bearing environments.
In what form is Inconel 601 Available at Jain Steels Corporation?
- Inconel 601 Sheet
- Inconel 601 Plate
- Inconel 601 Bar
- Inconel 601 Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Inconel 601 Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
- Inconel 601 Wire
What are the characteristics of Inconel 601?
- Outstanding oxidation resistance to 2200° F
- Resists spalling even under severe thermal cycling conditions
- Highly resistant to carburization
- Good creep rupture strength
- Metallurgical stability
Chemical Composition, %
In what applications is Inconel 601 used?
- Chemical Processing
- Heat treating industry
- Power generation
- Heat treating muffles and retorts
- Radiant tubes
- Catalyst support grids in nitric acid production
- Steam superheater tube supports
|Pipe Smls||Pipe Welded||Tube Smls||Tube Welded||Sheet/Plate||Bar||Forging||Fitting||Wire|
Typical room temperature Properties
|Tensile (psi)||.2% Yield (psi)||Elongation (%)|